Your content material is effective. And so is your staff’s time.
If you might squeeze extra juice out of the lemon, wouldn’t you’re taking the chance? By splintering your long-form articles and movies into content material for your different advertising and marketing channels, you squeeze all of the juice doable out of each article or video you publish.
You additionally construct an omnichannel presence…without having an enormous content material staff.
Every piece of content material you publish is content material for different platforms. At DigitalMarketer, we flip each article into:
- An Instagram feed publish
- An Instagram Story
- A tweet
- A Twitter thread
- A LinkedIn publish
And if we needed, we may hold going! Our article can flip right into a YouTube video revealed as an IGTV video and minimize down right into a TikTookay and Instagram Reel.
But, you don’t want all of that. You simply want to cowl your important content material foundation: Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn. And fortunately, you’re sitting on a mound of content material, prepared to be splintered.
You simply want to know the template for squeezing all of the juice out of your long-form content material.
Here are 5 templates for turning your articles and movies into Instagram feed posts and Stories, tweets and Twitter threads, and a LinkedIn publish.
On Instagram, you’ll be able to create feed posts, Stories, Reels, and IGTV movies. IGTV movies are comparable to YouTube movies, and you’ll be able to repurpose your long-form content material straight to Instagram as an IGTV video. Turning long-form content material like articles or movies into feed posts, Stories, and Reels requires a bit extra work, with a worthy ROI.
Instagram Feed Post:
To flip an article or video right into a feed publish, comply with these steps:
- Take your introduction and use it as your caption.
- For articles: Use the factors of your article (H2 and H3 headers) or video as particular person carousel graphics.
- For movies: Cut your video into segments sharing every of your factors, and publish every as its personal carousel video.
- As your final carousel graphic or video, write both a abstract or a name to motion if you would like the viewer to take a particular motion (“Click the link in bio to read our article” or “Click the link in bio to watch the full video”).
For instance, this is an Instagram feed post primarily based on this text revealed on our weblog:
Here’s how to flip an article or video into an Instagram Story:
- For articles: Film 1-2 tales introducing your subject by utilizing the introduction of your article.
- Film 1-3 Stories per level of your article.
- End with a conclusion of 1-2 Stories primarily based on the conclusion of your article.
- Add a name to motion to your Story and add a hyperlink if needed (“Click here to read the article”).
There are two varieties of content material to create on Twitter, tweets, and threads. Tweets are 280 characters lengthy (one single tweet). Threads are a number of tweets ‘threaded’ collectively to create a longer-form piece of content material (that also abides by every tweet being 280 characters most).
Turn articles and movies into Twitter threads by:
- First tweet: Use 1-2 sentences out of your introduction and add your title because the final sentence.
- Each level of your article or video is 1-2 tweets lengthy (professional tip: add media for higher engagement).
- Last tweet: Use 2-3 sentences out of your conclusion to summarize your thread and add a name to motion and hyperlink to learn the article or watch the video (if needed).
This is a Twitter thread we wrote primarily based on our article, Why 2021 Is the Best Time to Begin Your Digital Marketing Career:
Use tweets to promote articles and movies with 3 steps:
- Use 2-3 sentences out of your introduction.
- Make the title of your article or video the final sentence of your tweet.
- Add a hyperlink to learn or watch your content material.
Here’s our tweet selling our weblog article, Pre-Holiday Campaigns: Checklist for eCommerce Businesses:
Note: These tweets could have much less engagement (likes, replies, and retweets) as a result of they’re promotional. Only deal with one metric for these tweets: clicks.
On LinkedIn, you’ll be able to publish your article, video, and posts. To publish your article, you’ll simply copy and paste out of your weblog to LinkedIn (however beware, this will mess along with your search engine optimization). We splinter our articles into LinkedIn posts for our firm web page. Keep studying to see how we do it.
Here are the two steps to splinter articles and movies right into a publish on LinkedIn:
- Copy and paste your introduction into your LinkedIn publish draft.
- After the final sentence, add a hyperlink to your article to learn extra.
In this LinkedIn publish, we broke down our article on How to Sell Marketing: 5 Key Points Your Sales Pitch Needs into a fast, straightforward to learn publish:
Splinter Your Long-Form Content and Multiply Your ROI
Part of content material advertising and marketing is enjoying the numbers recreation. You need to present your content material to as many buyer avatars as doable, displaying them TOFU, MOFU, and BOFU content material that pulls them nearer to your model.
And advertising and marketing is all about assembly your buyer avatars the place they’re. You don’t need to pressure them to be taught a brand new platform, work out how to consumption content material, and add it to their each day routine. That’s not your job.
Your job is to put your content material in entrance of your viewers—wherever they select to hang around.
More of your ultimate clients are scrolling Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn than your weblog (we’re all in the identical boat, right here). By splintering your content material, you’ll be able to present them the in-depth article you simply revealed or the easy YouTube video that simply went reside in your channel.
And you are able to do it within the kind that fits what they’re wanting for on that platform…without having to create fully new content material, lavatory down your content material staff with extra duties, and get much less ROI on extra items of content material.
Splintering content material is a content material marketer’s final instrument within the insatiably hungry content material world.